Customers can access ATMs using Google Pay at many banks in the United States.
The following steps describe how to use Google Pay the ATM
- Check if Google Pay is available on the mobile device.
- Have the latest software update of Google Pay installed, availabe from the Google Play Store.
- Make sure Google Pay is the default payment app on the mobile device.
- At the ATM, open Google Pay.
- Select the desired debit card from Google Pay
- Hold the mobile device over the universal “Contactless Symbol” at the ATM.
- Google Pay will verify the biometrics stored in the mobile device such as the pin number, fingerprint, facial recognition or iris.
- The ATM will verify the personal pin number associated with the debit card.
Now customers can perform banking operations at the ATM as usual such as:
- Money withdrawal
- Check balances
The receipt for the transaction will be available as:
- The traditional paper receipt.
- A digital copy that can be sent to the email address associated, with the bank account.
Locate a bank supporting Google Pay at the ATM near me
- Bank of America
- Chase Bank
- Wells Fargo
- US Bank
- Global ATM Locator (International compatible ATMs outside the United States)
Locate Banks supporting Google Pay at the ATM via offiline maps:
Google Pay is not working
There are a few reasons the digital wallet Google Pay is not working:
- NFC (Near Field Communication) and Payment option is disabled on the mobile device.
- Some Apps such as Omron Connect featuring EKG devices, will also disable the NFC and Payment option on the mobile device.
- Other reasons
Customers also have the ability to perform banking operations using Samsung Pay at the ATM.
Feedback to banks
Although customers must physically touch the ATM to enter the pin number and perform banking operations, Google Pay at the ATM is a great tool, during the Covid-19 pandemic going on around the world. It would be great if banks allow, customers to perform contactless banking operations, at the ATM” using mobile devices, where the only contact with the ATM would be with the cash.
Last edited on Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 2:57 PM. Chicago, Illinois. Time zone (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada). This article is available in Español (Latinoamérica)