Customers can conveniently access ATMs, using Samsung Pay at several banks. To utilize Samsung Pay at the ATM, follow these simple steps:
Locate a bank supporting Samsung Pay at the ATM near me
- Bank of America
- Chase Bank
- Wells Fargo
- US Bank
- Global ATM Locator (International compatible ATMs outside the United States)
Locate Banks supporting Samsung Pay at the ATM via offiline maps
Check beforehand the Samsung mobile device
- Verify if Samsung Pay is available on the Samsung device.
- Have the latest software update of Samsung Pay installed.
- Make sure Samsung Pay is the default payment app on the Samsung mobile device.
At the ATM
- Open Samsung Pay on the mobile device.
- Select the desired debit card from Samsung Pay.
- Hold the Samsung device over the “Contactless Symbol” at the ATM.
- Enter the pin number associated with the debit card.
- Now you can perform banking operations, such as money withdrawal and check balances, similar to usual transactions with the ATM.
- A traditional paper receipt will be available, or it can be sent electronically to the email address associated with your bank account.
Samsung Pay is not working
There are a few reasons the digital wallet Samsung Pay is not working:
- NFC (Near Field Communication) and Payment option is disabled on the mobile device.
- Some Apps such as Omron Connect featuring EKG devices, will also disable the NFC and Payment option on the mobile device.
- Other reasons
Customers can also use Samsung Pay:
- At the pump using the “Tap & Pay” option or via apps.
- On busses and trains.
Last edited on Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 3:37 PM. Chicago, Illinois. Time zone (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).