More ways to use contactless payments at the pump during the Covid-19 crisis. Now customers can Pay with Alexa at the pump, from the comfort of the vehicle. Alexa at the pump is available at Exxon or Mobil gas station nationwide, in the United States.
How to use Alexa at the pump
- Download the Amazon Alexa app from the Google Play Store or the App Store from Apple. Also, customers can use vehicle’s Alexa – enabled device such as Echo auto. Additionally, Echo buds as well as devices with Alexa built-in.
- At the Exxon or Mobil gas station, from the comfort of the vehicle
- Open the Alexa app, and say the phrases such as “Alexa, I need to pay for gas” or “Alexa, pay for gas”.
- Alexa will confirm the location and it will ask for the pump number. (Keep in mind, users must allow location permissions, so Alexa, can locate the correct Exxon or Mobil gas station, and active the accurate pump number).
- Once such information is confirmed, Alexa will let customers know that the transaction, will go through the Amazon Pay payment method, stored under settings in the Amazon account.
- Alexa will active the pump.
- Proceed to select the fuel grade at the pump.
- Start fueling.
- The receipt will be sent to the email address associated with the Amazon account.
- Customers can active Alexa by asking the mobile device “Ok Google or Hey Google, Open Amazon Alexa”, and then, follow the procedures described above.
Locate a participating Exxon or Mobil gas station near me
Locate a participating Exxon or Mobil gas station near me with offline maps
- Download Google Maps
- Download Google Maps to SD cards
- Download Here Maps
- Download Here Maps to SD cards
- Download maps on Windows 10
Safety procedures while pumping fuel at the pump
Consumers must follow certain safety guidelines while pumping fuel at pump such as:
- Turn off the engine before pumping fuel.
- Do not smoke at the gas station.
- Do not allow children to use the pump.
- Do not leave pump unattended while pumping.
- Only use approved portable containers; ask the attendant on duty for help if needed. It is unlawful to dispense fuel into unapproved portable containers.
Last edited on Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 8:47 PM. Chicago, Illinois. Time zone (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada). This article is available in Español (Latinoamérica)
2 thoughts on “Alexa at the pump”