The following steps describe how to download Here Maps to SD cards on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
- Insert the external memory card into the mobile device.
- Make sure this procedure is done over a Wi-Fi network to avoid additional charges.
- Make sure there is enough space available on the external card of the mobile device. If the user needs to download only one country, continent or region, then the maps to download will take up less space, in the external memory of the mobile device. The Here WeGo world map takes about 39,022.7 MB, approximately 40 GB of memory space on the mobile device after it has been downloaded.
- Download the Here Maps app by going to the Google Play Store and, in the search box, type “Here WeGo Maps”.
- Once the Here WeGo Maps app is installed on the mobile device, open it.
- Go to the main menu of the Here WeGo Maps app and look for the option: “Settings” and click on it.
- Once there, choose the “Storage memory” option and click on it. The Here WeGo Maps app uses the “Internal memory” of the mobile device by default to store the downloaded maps.
- In the “Storage memory” option, change to “External memory”. This option may show a different name from “External memory”; If so, simply choose the alternative name that appears available.
- Go back to the main menu of the Here WeGo Maps app and choose the option “Download maps”. In this step, the maps will begin to download automatically, to the external memory card of the mobile device.
Last edited on Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 12:32 AM. Chicago, Illinois. Time zone (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada). This article is also available in Español (Latinoamérica).
16 thoughts on “Download Here WeGo Maps to SD cards on mobile devices”