The following steps describe how to download Google Maps on mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
- Make sure this procedure is done via a Wi-Fi network to avoid additional charges.
- Make sure the latest Google Maps App update from the Google Play Store is installed on the mobile device.
- Make sure there is enough space available on the mobile device.
- Open Google Maps App, go to the top right corner, and click on the initial of the person’s name who owns the Google account.
- On the menu option and look for the option: “offline maps” and click on it.
- Once there, pick the option “select your own map”, and click on it.
- With two fingers select the area of the maps to download.
- Click “Download”
From time to time, Google Maps need an update after downloading because they have an expiration date, if so, repeat the steps described below when the time comes. Google Maps users will receive a notification when the downloaded maps are about to expire.
Last edited on Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 12:59 AM. Chicago, Illinois. Time zone (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).